College Grove, Tennessee
College Grove is an unincorporated community near Franklin and Murfreesboro in Williamson County, Tennessee. College Grove is predominantly rural. Williamson County was founded in 1799, and College Grove was one of its early communities. College Grove gained population during 1880-1920. College Grove includes commercial and rural structures.
In the 1880s, College Grove had “100 residents, with three cotton gins, two corn and saw mills, two general stores, and a wagon maker.” Located in College Grove is the former The Bank of College Grove, whose National Register of Historic Places-listed building now houses a successor national banking institution. The College Grove Methodist Church is NRHP-listed and is described in the Williamson MRA.
Places listed on the National Register in or near College Grove are:
- William Allison House, Alternate U.S. Route 31, 2 miles south of College Grove
- The Bank of College Grove, Alternate U.S. Route 31
- Bostick Female Academy, on U.S. Route 41A in Triune, is listed in the NRIS database as being in College Grove.
- College Grove Methodist Church, Alternate U.S. Route 31
- William Ogilvie House, western side of Alternate U.S. Route 31, 1 mile south of College Grove
- Dr. Urban Owen House, Alternate U.S. Route 31
- Parks Place, Cox Rd.
The Webb Guards company of the Tennessee infantry was raised in Triune, College Grove, Peytonsville and Bethesda.
Information Provided By wikipedia.org